Our entertaining foodie guides will lead the guests through a journey to discover the best food stores and taste local delicacies while hearing the stories and history of Bologna, renowned as the foodie capital of Italy.
The tour consists is an authentic progressive lunch, in fact at each stop guests are offered generous tastings from starter to dessert, wine included of course!
Learn about the history, culture, architecture, that make Bologna medieval market so unique. During this tour you will enjoy a variety of food specialties that has secured Bologna’s reputation as being the foodie capital of Italy and visit the most famous sites. This is the only Bologna tour combining history, art and Italian food! Discover the secrets to having the ultimate food and cultural experience off the beaten path!
This 3.5-hour walking food tour offers five mouth-watering tastings. While exploring wide and narrow alleys in the maze of the Bologna Medieval Market, you will literally taste Bologna’s essence, touring five hidden food gems that we have carefully selected to give you an authentic local experience. The tour is led by an expert local host, that will unveil ancient secrets and stories that will give insights of Bologna’s traditions and culture.
In order to let you taste Bologna like a local, we will take you to:
- A fresh pasta workshop, where you will have the chance to see veteran pasta artisans at work!
- Bologna’s most ancient deli store, where you will taste a special selection of cured meats and cheeses: Parmigiano Reggiano with Balsamic Vinegar, Mortadella, Salame di Felino, Caciotta, Prosciutto di Parma; all with typical breads and local wines.
- A pasta shop to sit down and chill with a glass of local wine and a dish of fresh, hand-made pasta: tagliatelle al ragù, tortellini or tortelloni at your choice!
- A traditional ice-cream shop to sample delicious, artisanal gelato!
- The oldest bakery in town, to taste their delightful “torta di riso” (rice cake)
The tour includes:
- Expert local host
- orientation tour of Bologna
- visit to Bologna most ancient food market – Quadrilatero
- visit to 5 food shops with 5 delicious food & wine tastings (pastries, gelato, homemade pasta, local wines, cured meats and cheeses)
- progressive lunch
- complimentary map of Bologna
- a lot of fun!
2-person group Eur 280,00
3-person group Eur 350,00
4-person group Eur 440,00
5-person group Eur 500,00
6-person group Eur 600,00
7-person group Eur 623,00
8-person group Eur 712,00
9-person group Eur 801,00
10-person group Eur 890,00
For larger groups quotations on request.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarians and gluten free can be catered for. Please let us know of any food allergies or dietary restrictions
- The tour is also available with departure by train from Florence and Venice
- Due to uneven and steep surfaces, we are unable to accept wheelchair users
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence w/5 Star rating
- 16 Years of activity
- 65K + Happy Customers
- 13K + Delivered Tours
- 500+ Events organized
- Destination experts for Emilia Romagna and Bologna
- Rewarded by Travel Experts: Fodors, Viator, Lonely Planet, Booking.com, Expedia, GetYourGuide, TripAdvisor
- Proudly affiliated with: ETOA, Confindustria Emilia Romagna, Fiavet, Emilia Romagna – Land with a Soul, Bologna Convention Bureau, Città Metropolitana di Bologna