Our amazing Food & Ferrari Tour will take you to visit boutique producers of Parmesan Cheese, Balsamic Vinegar and Prosciutto, experience lovely tastes with accompanying wines and learn how these fabulous foods are made.
You will visit the worldwide famous Ferrari Museum in Maranello and maybe test drive* your favorite Ferrari car!
At the end of the tour, enjoy a delicious 6-course Italian lunch at a family-run restaurant including homemade pasta and a selection of local wines!
This tour is perfect for the travellers who only have limited time in Bologna and want to experience the treasures of the Bologna-Modena area in a comfortable, enthusiastic, and well-organized way. Your senses will be awakened and changed forever with the sights, sounds, and flavors of the day. You will even have the opportunity to buy the outstanding products you will taste directly from the producers.
The tour begins with an on-time pickup at your hotel by a top-notch guide, driver, and comfortable private minivan. Traveling to the various stops, your guide will share the history of the region and why it has been home to some of most important Italian brands like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, and Maserati. Plan to be ready at your hotel at 8am and return by 6pm.
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese factory tour
Regarded by many as the “King” of Italian cheeses, you will have the rare opportunity to see up close how this delight is created and aged. You will walk into a live production facility and stand side by side with craftsmen as they prepare and work the special milk, fill the iconic molds, and age the cheese to perfection. Finally, you will enjoy a generous tasting of a variety of ages, along with some local Lambrusco wine, to help you understand why this cheese always lives up to its heavenly reputation.
Prosciutto factory tour
Next, we are off to a multi-generation, family-owned and operated, limited quantity, artisanal prosciutto production facility. You will again tour and see the full process and understand the many painstaking and time-consuming steps required to produce this one-of-a-kind cured meat. We will visit the different seasonal simulation storage rooms, so bring your light jacket or sweater for the “fall” room. The tour concludes with some of the highest quality, freshly-sliced tastings you will ever have of this classic delicacy.
Balsamic Vinegar estate tour
Have you ever tasted 15-, or even 30-year-old barrel-aged balsamic vinegar? You might have heard of Balsamic vinegar from Modena but this one is the pure “black gold” you will not find in your grocery store. It begins with the pressing of Lambrusco grapes and cooking of the “mosto” but the secret is the multiple small “family” barrel aging process you must experience. Tastings paired with cheeses and even some ice-cream (or better, gelato!) will dazzle your taste buds like never before.
Ferrari Museum in Maranello
Whether you are a sports car fanatic, art lover, or simply wanting to extend your Italian cultural experience, you will be amazed with the Ferrari Museum tour. Located next to the actual factory where each “Cavallino” is born, this modern museum will take you on a ride through the history of Ferrari and its iconic sports and race cars. Visit the newly-updated Hall of Victories to see the actual world champion F1 cars that have thrilled millions of race fans over the years. You can even check “driving a Ferrari” on your bucket list accomplishments by test driving a choice of models on the roads of Maranello (separate fee).
Classic Italian Lunch Experience: mamma mia!!!
After a day of learning and tasting, we will conclude with an outstanding six-course late afternoon lunch, complete with local wines in a picturesque setting where we can share our thoughts and favorite parts of the day together. This is “la dolce vita”!!!
The tour includes:
- transportation by private air-conditioned deluxe minivan with professional driver
- pick-up and drop-off from hotels in central Bologna and Bologna train station. Pick-up from other cities or Bologna airport available on request
- Amazing Italy top-rated guide service
- private visit to a Parmesan Cheese producer with breakfast and Parmesan cheese tasting
- private visit to a Traditional Balsamic vinegar producer with tasting
- private visit to a Prosciutto producer with tasting
- admittance to the Ferrari Museum in Maranello (ticket and reservation, skip-the-line)
- traditional 6-course Italian lunch at a family run restaurant with wine included
- bottled water available on the minivan
- Amazing Italy gift
- A lot of fun and wonderful memories!
Prices per person:
2 pax: Eur 437,00
3 pax: Eur 342,00
4 pax: Eur 307,00
5-6 pax: Eur 272,00
7-8 pax: Eur 237,00
9-10 pax: Eur 207,00
Groups quotations on request.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- You will be required to let us know your accommodation details at the time of booking. If you haven’t booked your hotel yet, you can provide us with this information later.
- Optimize your time: are you leaving Bologna by train after the tour or do you need to get off at Bologna airport to catch a flight? Come on the tour and bring your luggage with you!
- It is recommended to book any rail travel from Bologna after 6:15pm to allow time for any traffic delays on your return journey.
- This tour can be arranged with departure from Florence, Milan and Verona.
- Vegetarians and gluten free can be catered for. Please let us know of any food allergies or dietary restrictions with your reservation.
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence w/5 Star rating
- 16 Years of activity
- 65K + Happy Customers
- 13K + Delivered Tours
- 500+ Events organized
- Destination experts for Emilia Romagna and Bologna
- Rewarded by Travel Experts: Fodors, Viator, Lonely Planet, Booking.com, Expedia, GetYourGuide, TripAdvisor
- Proudly affiliated with: ETOA, Confindustria Emilia Romagna, Fiavet, Emilia Romagna – Land with a Soul, Bologna Welcome, Città Metropolitana di Bologna